Thanksgiving Travel Could Be Compromised
If you're going to be 'on the road' this week, there might be some challenges due to some inclement weather possibly head in our direction, according to news sources.
button href="https://www.wgrz.com/article/weather/cold-front-will-bring-strong-wind-showers/71-a11be0c2-a253-49eb-94b6-1819f66b8b18" title="FULL AREA THANKSGIVING WEATHER DETAILS HERE" align="center"]
Thanksgiving Weather Records (Buffalo):
According to the National Weather Service:
- The highest temperature recorded on Thanksgiving is 68F degrees on November 26th 1896.
- The lowest the mercury has fallen to on Thanksgiving is 9F on November 22nd 2018.
- The high temperature averages 44F degrees, and the low 31F degrees on Thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving Day November 27th, 1952 recorded the greatest amount of snowfall when 10.3 inches of snow was recorded at the Buffalo airport.
More Buffalo Thanksgiving Snow Facts (according to the National Weather Service):
- Thanksgiving Day 1956 - 4 feet of snow was measured in Springville, NY
- The greatest amount of 'snow on the ground' in Buffalo happened across the Great Lakes on Thanksgiving Day, November 23rd, 2000 which left 20 inches on the ground.
- The coldest Thanksgiving Day in Buffalo has been recorded as being 9 Degrees Fahrenheit with the temp reaching a high of only 20 later Thanksgiving Day