6 Undrafted Free Agents That Are Still With The Buffalo Bills
Making an NFL roster is a very hard thing to do. Being drafted gives you an edge but it doesn't guarantee you will get a roster spot. With that being said, being an undrafted free agent is an even tougher way to start your NFL career.
But if you are a talented player, work hard, and impress the coaches there is a chance that you can go from undrafted free agent to playing on an NFL team.
Here are six former undrafted free agents from the past 5 years that are still with the Buffalo Bills.
1. Reid Ferguson - Signed in 2016 and was on the practice squad all year. He won the long snapper job in 2017 and has been playing with the Bills ever since.
2. Ike Boettger - Signed with the Bills in 2018, got cut by the team, and signed with the Kansas City Chiefs. He was cut again by the Chiefs and returned to Buffalo. Since then he has played a key rotation role for the Bills.
3. Cam Lewis - Signed as an undrafted free agent in 2019 and played with the Bills that year and in 2020 before getting hurt. He is still on the Bills roster and expected to compete for a job this season.
4. Tyrel Dodson - Signed as an undrafted free agent in 2019 and spent that season on the Bills' practice squad. He got some game action in 2020 and 2021 and is expected to compete for a roster spot this year.
5. Reggie Gilliam - The fullback was an undrafted free agent in 2020 and ended up winning the starting role with the Bills. He has played in 30 games for the Bills and is used mainly as a blocking back.
6. Olaijah Griffin - The cornerback signed as an undrafted free agent in 2021 and was on the team's practice squad last season. He signed a two-year futures contract this offseason and is expected to compete for a job this season.
Will an undrafted free agent make the Bills this season? That is why we have mini-camp and training camp to find out.