NYS Offers Special Enrollment for Uninsured Residents
Uninsured New Yorkers just got a life-line amid the coronavirus pandemic.
In a press release today (March 24), the Erie County Department of Health announced that the NY State of Health and New York State Department of Financial Services are offering a special enrollment period people who are uninsured. If you don't currently have health insurance, you can now enroll through April 15, 2020. You must meet several requirements, including being a resident of New York state. You can get more info at nystateofhealth.ny.gov or call the help line at 1.855.355.5777.
More: Young People Account for Almost Half of Erie County COVID-19 Cases
“With a pandemic spreading through the U.S., it’s important to ensure that healthcare is available to everyone who needs it. This special enrollment period will provide New Yorkers with another opportunity to sign up for high-quality, affordable health insurance.” ~ NY State of Health Executive Director, Donna Frescatore
Here are some other articles you might enjoy:
- 2020 Buffalo Concerts and Shows Guide
- There are More Than 20 Other Cities Named Buffalo
- 10 Best Restaurants in Buffalo According to Yelp
- 13 Menu Items Fast Food Workers Say to Never Order
- Food and Drink Festivals in Buffalo Guide [List]
- 9 Movies Shot in Buffalo
- 7 Bed, 7 Bath Mansion for Sale in Buffalo [PHOTOS]
- 7 Movies You May Not Know Are Set in or Reference Buffalo
- Top 5 Female Gangsters of New York
- 9 Famous People You May Not Know Are From Buffalo
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]