There are More Than 20 Other Cities Named Buffalo
Almost half the states in the U.S. have a city named Buffalo.
We are not alone, but we are the biggest (and of course, the best). I certainly didn't realize there were this many other cities or towns named Buffalo in the United States.
(Other) Buffalo Highlights:
- Buffalo, Illinois, has a population of 481, according to the 2018 estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau.
- The economy in Buffalo, Missouri relies heavily on agriculture, government, education, and healthcare.
"Folks here may find their livelihoods right at home in farming, construction, light industry or the many services demanded by a growing economy." ~ City of Buffalo
- Buffalo, Texas was where Braniff Flight 542 crashed on September 29, 1959. Everyone on-board, 27 passengers, one company employee and six crew members, were killed in the crash, according to the National Transportation Library.
- Lake Lure, once known as Buffalo, North Carolina, has been featured in a few movies, including Thunder Road, A Breed Apart, Firestarter, Dirty Dancing, and My Fellow Americans, according to IMDb.
Here's the full list of other cities named Buffalo:
According to Wikipedia, this Buffalo had a population of 692 in 2010 and was named after our Buffalo,
Buffalo was platted in 1886, and named for Buffalo, New York, the native state of an early settler.
In 2010, Buffalo, Iowa had a population of 1,270. WWE wrestler Seth Rollins was born in Buffalo, Iowa, according to Wikipedia.
Buffalo, Kansas had a population of 232 according to the 2010 Census. The town got its name from Buffalo Creek, according to Wikipedia.
The unincorporated town has a population of 498 per the 2010 census. It is home to the Bank of Buffalo.
Buffalo, North Carolina
Buffalo, North Dakota
Buffalo, Guernsey County, Ohio
Buffalo, Jackson County, Ohio
Buffalo, South Carolina
This Buffalo had 1,266 residents according to the 2010 United States Census.
The community was named for a nearby mineral lick which attracted buffalo. ~ Wikipedia
It was named for the large herds of buffalo that once roamed the area.
Buffalo, Henderson County, Texas
Buffalo, West Virginia
Buffalo, Jackson County, West Virginia
Buffalo, Buffalo County, Wisconsin
Buffalo, Marquette County, Wisconsin
Here are some other articles you might enjoy:
- 2020 Buffalo Concerts and Shows Guide
- 10 Best Restaurants in Buffalo According to Yelp
- 13 Menu Items Fast Food Workers Say to Never Order
- 9 Movies Shot in Buffalo
- 7 Bed, 7 Bath Mansion for Sale in Buffalo [PHOTOS]
- 7 Movies You May Not Know Are Set in or Reference Buffalo
- Top 5 Female Gangsters of New York
- 9 Famous People You May Not Know Are From Buffalo
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]