Free Phone Friday Rules
Free Phone Fridays 2020 Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- HOW TO ENTER
- These rules govern the Free Phone Fridays 2020 Giveaway promotion (the “Promotion”) which is being conducted by WBLK (the “Station”). The Promotion begins on January 22nd, 2020 and ends on TBD (the “Promotion Dates”).
- To participate in the promotion, entrant may enter online beginning on January 22nd, 2020 at 12:00 pm Eastern Time (“ET”) and ending on TBD (the “Entry Period”) as follows:
- One (1) winner will be selected each Friday during the Promotion Dates in a random drawing of all eligible entries received by 11:59 pm on each Thursday before the Friday selection and announcement and announced on-air at approximately 6:50 pm ET. The listener whose name is announced on-air will have fifteen (15) minutes from the time of the announcement to call the Station contest line at 716-644-9393 to win the prize, pending confirmation of eligibility. In the event that the listener does not call the station within the time period, then a second name will be announced, and the listener will have fifteen (15) minutes to call in to win the prize, pending confirmation of eligibility.
- Only one (1) entry per person per day is permitted regardless of the method of entry. There will be a total of twenty one (21) winners selected in this Promotion.
- Due to delays in the online streaming of the Station’s broadcast signal, listeners to the online stream may not be able to participate in or may be disadvantaged in participating in on-air contests. Entrants are encouraged to listen to the Station on-air. The Station is not responsible for online delays of any nature.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Promotion is open to all persons who are legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older, who reside in the state of New York. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Blue Wireless, the Station, Townsquare Media, their corporate affiliates, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies, participating sponsors, prize suppliers, their respective affiliates (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and other radio stations in the Buffalo metropolitan area, the members of immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. This promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrant agrees to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are final and binding in all respects.
- Listeners are eligible to win prize(s) valued over $50 or ticket prize(s) valued over $100 per ticket in a Station-conducted Promotion only once every thirty (30) days and prize(s) valued at $600 or more only once every six (6) months. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any Station-conducted promotion.
- The winner(s) may be required to present valid government-issued photo identification and must provide winner’s complete address, date of birth and phone number to claim prize(s).
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entrant who does not meet the eligibility requirements and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- Twenty one (21) prizes will be awarded in this Promotion. Each prize consists of (i) one (1) Android smart phone; and (ii) one (1) year of cellular service from Blue Wireless good for unlimited talk & text, and 2GB of LTE data. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prize is $400.00. The winner(s) will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the prize(s). The prize(s) is awarded as is. The gift certificate will be subject to the terms and conditions as set forth by the issuer of the gift certificate. Gift certificates are not refundable or transferable, and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or credit at any time, nor will gift certificates be replaced if lost or stolen.
- No more than the stated number of prizes specified in these official rules will be awarded. All prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station at the address below during regular business hours. The winner(s) will forfeit any prize(s) or prize certificate(s) not claimed within thirty days. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner(s), it will be with the prior written consent of the winner(s) and therefore, winner(s) assumes the risk of its loss. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize(s) or prize certificate(s).
- There is no substitution, transfer, assignment, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute a prize or prize portion with another prize or prize portion of equal or greater value. The prize(s) is expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Promotion Entities are not responsible for winners’ limitations that prevent acceptance or use of prize(s). Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion Entities have not made, are not in the manner responsible or liable for any warranties, representations or guarantees, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, expressed or implied, whether by contract or law, concerning any prize. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the contest are final.
- Twenty one (21) winners will be selected on-air as described in Section 1b and will be notified on-air at the time of their calls.
- Odds of winning depends upon the number of eligible entries received.
- The winners need to listen to the Station but do not need be present to win.
- Potential prize winner(s) will be notified by telephone at the time of their winning call. Prize(s) will be awarded only upon confirmation of eligibility and completion of all requisite releases. The winner(s) must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within thirty (30) days of winning or prize(s) will be forfeited and an alternate winner will not be selected. If a winner has not reached the age of majority in his/her state of residence, the prize(s) will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian. If a potential winner(s) cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required fully-executed affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize(s).
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winners may be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent.
- By participating in the contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station in its sole discretion may require contest winners (and their travel companions, if any) to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold the Station, its corporate licensee, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. “If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.”
- Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of the Station.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
- For a copy of these official rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by June 1st, 2020 to “Free Phone Fridays 2020 Giveaway – Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions, WBLK, 14 Lafayette Square, Suite 1200, Buffalo, NY 14203. For the names of the prize winner(s) send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by August 29, 2020 to the above address marked “Free Phone Fridays 2020 Giveaway – Winner List.” The official rules and winner list (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Station and may be posted online at www.wblk.com.
Administrator: WBLK, 14 Lafayette Square, Suite 1200, Buffalo, NY 14203.
Sponsor: Blue Wireless, 101 Lasalle Ave, Buffalo, NY 14214.