WNY COVID-19 Hospitalizations Drop Below 100
According to a WGRZ News report, there were 54 new cases of COVID-19 reported out of 4,223 tests administered and the news report says the State Health Department reported 96 people hospitalized with coronavirus in Western New York as of Wednesday, which is the lowest number of hospitalizations since March 29.
According to the WGRZ News report:
- Only 54 new cases of COVID-19 were reported on Wednesday out of 4,223 people tested.
- Only 1.3%. of the tests administered came back positive
- Among the new cases reported, 43 were from Erie County, 7 in Niagara County, 2 in Cattaraugus County, and one in both Allegany and Chautauqua counties.
- There have been 6,562 confirmed coronavirus cases in Erie County since March.
- Erie County has had 581 deaths from COVID-19
- According to the County's COVID-19 tracking map, 85,120 tests have been administered.
While we must all remain vigilant and continue to follow social distancing and public health and safety guidelines, this is very encouraging data as we move into the summer. As of right now WNY is on track to hit Phase 3 of reopening early next week.