Parents are Invited to Attend Community Forum on School Suspension
Today (February 20), there will be a forum on school suspensions.
"According to Buffalo Public Schools’ website there have been 519 long term suspensions (6 or more days) and 2999 short term suspensions (1-5 days) from Sept 2019 to December 2019." ~ Buffalo Public Schools
Parents, community leaders and anyone with a concern, are invited to a community forum on suspension, according to a press release from Duncan Kirkwood. The discussion will be about pushing a policy to remove school suspensions as a disciplinary option for pre-k through 3rd grade students within Buffalo Public Schools. Today's forum is the third community gathering to address this issue.
The forum is happening today, February 20th at 5:30 pm at 1423 Fillmore Avenue in Buffalo.
"We were at the school board meeting yesterday speaking about ending out of school suspension (Pre-K - 3rd grade), and we were talking about data, and research and policy etc. Then Jerris Rainey came with her 6-year-old son and shared a personal story about him already being suspended this school year and how it did not help the situation at all. In fact, she said for him it was just a fun day at home. It really made the whole conversation real." ~ Duncan Kirkwood
Here are some other articles you might enjoy:
- 13 Menu Items Fast Food Workers Say to Never Order
- 7 Bed, 7 Bath Mansion for Sale in Buffalo [PHOTOS]
- Alicia Keys Co-Signs Griselda and Shouts Out Buffalo
- Top 5 Female Gangsters of New York
- 9 Famous People You May Not Know Are From Buffalo
- The 15 Richest Millionaires and Billionaires in New York
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]