Coronavirus: NY Governor Declares State of Emergency
Today Governor Andrew Cuomo declared a state of emergency here in New York after the number of the coronavirus infections has almost doubled in 24 hours.
"COVID-19 is a disease caused by new respiratory virus first identified in China and is now spreading worldwide. This disease can lead to fever, cough and shortness of breath." ~ Erie County, NY Department of Health
Currently, there are 76 reported cases of the coronavirus in our state, according to The Hill. Ten of those people are in the hospital. The number of reported infections has almost doubled, up from 44 on Friday, according to WGRZ. The state has requested hundreds of coronavirus tests. You can get the latest information from the CDC here.
"I would test as many people as you can test, because you want to know." ~ New York Governor Andrew Cuomo
Here are some other articles you might enjoy:
- 2020 Buffalo Concerts and Shows Guide
- There are More Than 20 Other Cities Named Buffalo
- 10 Best Restaurants in Buffalo According to Yelp
- 13 Menu Items Fast Food Workers Say to Never Order
- 9 Movies Shot in Buffalo
- 7 Bed, 7 Bath Mansion for Sale in Buffalo [PHOTOS]
- 7 Movies You May Not Know Are Set in or Reference Buffalo
- Top 5 Female Gangsters of New York
- 9 Famous People You May Not Know Are From Buffalo
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]