Viral Video Urges Young People To Vote
As we approach a very important Presidential Election, which every one of them is, this election year is no different than any other I've witnessed regarding an attempt to get young people to vote. I ran across a video like none other I've seen that might just be effective...it certainly got my attention early and then kept it.
A website called carnegie.org identified 11 barriers to young people voting: (Click on each item to learn more)
- Voter ID requirements.
- Lack of language access.
- Voter roll purges.
- Polling place closures/consolidations.
- Lack of funding for elections.
- Provisional ballot requirements.
- Reduced early voting.
- Reduced voting hours.
- Poorly trained poll workers.
- Partisan election administrators.
- Creation of at-large local offices to dilute minority votes.
WNY College Rankings
Top 10 Public High Schools in WNY