Community: The Minority Bar Foundation, Inc. to host Annual Awards Ceremony
Five honorees will be recognized for exemplary service to the bar, profession and community at the Minority Bar Foundation, Inc. Annual Awards Ceremony. Get the details here.
The Minority Bar Foundation Inc. will host its annual Awards Ceremony Thursday, August 16, 5:30 p.m. at The Mansion, 414 Delaware Ave in Buffalo. "The Foundation recognizes law practitioners and students for dedication and achievement in the profession, academia, and people and organizations that serve minority communities," according to a press release. This year’s honorees include:
- Honorable Hugh B. Scott, Jr. Lifetime Achievement Award - Judge Barbara Sims (posthumously)
- Legal Service Award – John J. Flynn, District Attorney
- John L. Hargrave Student Award – Deonna Jones., J.D. Candidate 2019, University at Buffalo School of Law
- Education Award – Dr. Catherine Collins, NYS Department of Education Board of Regents
- Justice Rose B. Sconiers Trailblazer Award – State Supreme Court Justice Mark A. Montour
Tickets are on sale now and can be reserved by contacting Lenora Foote-Beavers by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost is $85.00 per ticket and all proceeds benefit financial assistance for law students and people interested in a career in law.
The Minority Bar Association Foundation, Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit organization.
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- 2018 $5 Canalside Summer Concerts Series
- 2018 Summer Food and Drink Festivals in Buffalo, WNY and Canada Guide! [List]
- 2018 Spring and Summer Shows and Concerts Guide
- 9 Famous People You May Not Know Are From Buffalo
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]