Community: Attend a BBQ in Delaware Park to help end HIV
Outreach workers from various health organizations will host a barbecue, while offering free HIV testing and promoting PrEP, PEP and U=U! Get all the details here!
Outreach workers from Evergreen Health, MOCHA, ECMC, Kaleida Health Youth Link, Planned Parenthood of Central and Western New York, Erie 1 BOCES/Leaving Our Legacy, WellCare, and Erie County Department of Health are hosting a barbeque at Delaware Park on Thursday July 26th, from 3 to 6pm. PrEP, PEP and U=U all part of Governor Cuomo’s three point plan to end the AIDS epidemic by the end of 2020.
Free and confidential HIV testing will be provided. Free anonymous HIV testing (where you do not have to give your name) will be available upon request. Information about and referrals to PrEP and PEP will be available. "PrEP, or Pre Exposure Prophylaxis, is a once a day pill approved by the FDA. When taken as prescribed by your doctor, it dramatically reduces a person’s risk of acquiring HIV. PEP, or Post Exposure Prophylaxis, is a way to prevent HIV infection after a possible recent exposure. If an individual may have recently been exposed to HIV or has been sexually assaulted, that person can talk to a health care provider or emergency room doctor about getting PEP right away," according to a press release by the Erie County Health Department.
For more information about ETE, or Ending the HIV Epidemic in Western New York, visit the following website: https://endhivwny.com.
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- 2018 $5 Canalside Summer Concerts Series
- 2018 Summer Food and Drink Festivals in Buffalo, WNY and Canada Guide! [List]
- 2018 Spring and Summer Shows and Concerts Guide
- 9 Famous People You May Not Know Are From Buffalo
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]