Buffalo Lyft Drive Hailed as Hero after Helping Families Escape Fire
A Lyft driver in Buffalo has been called a hero, after he helped multiple families escape a fire.
Kareem Primm, who drives for Lyft, was dropping off a rider on the east side on Sunday when sprung into action. The fire was underway around 11 am at a house on Florida Street, according to WIVB. Primm saw a house on fire and began yelling and knocking on doors to alert neighbors.
“It was so quiet, it was like you just hear crackling. That’s all you hear is the trees burning and the wood cracking from the house. It’s too quiet, like how come I don’t hear sirens in the area coming, God must have placed me here for a reason to save as many people as I can.” ~ Kareem Primm via WIVB
In the video above, Primm is on Facebook Live, hoping that any of his friends know anyone of the residents and can tell them to get out of their houses. He also went to each house to notify the families. The Red Cross is helping 11 people affected by the fire, according to WGRZ. He said firefighters still hadn't arrived. Officials say the fire is under investigation.
Here are some other articles you might enjoy:
- 13 Menu Items Fast Food Workers Say to Never Order
- 7 Bed, 7 Bath Mansion for Sale in Buffalo [PHOTOS]
- Alicia Keys Co-Signs Griselda and Shouts Out Buffalo
- Top 5 Female Gangsters of New York
- 9 Famous People You May Not Know Are From Buffalo
- The 15 Richest Millionaires and Billionaires in New York
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]