Buffalo Definitely Isn’t One of the Happiest Cities in America
Buffalo landed pretty low on the list of 2020 Happiest Cities in America. Do you agree?
"WalletHub drew upon the various findings of positive-psychology research in order to determine which among more than 180 of the largest U.S. cities is home to the happiest people in America. We examined each city based on 30 key indicators of happiness, ranging from depression rate to income-growth rate to average leisure time spent per day." ~ WalletHub
Buffalo was number 151 on the list of 182 cities, making us seem like a pretty unhappy city! The happiest city was Fremont, California, landing at number one. Conversely, the unhappiest city, coming in at number 182 was Detroit, Michigan.
Buffalo was ranked 149 for physical and emotional well-being, 139 for employment and income, and 122 for environment and community, with 1 being the highest. WalletHub used indicators such as suicide rate, income growth, depression rate, adequate sleep and others to help determine the level of "happiness" in a given city.
Here are some other articles you might enjoy:
- 2020 Buffalo Concerts and Shows Guide
- There are More Than 20 Other Cities Named Buffalo
- 10 Best Restaurants in Buffalo According to Yelp
- 13 Menu Items Fast Food Workers Say to Never Order
- 9 Movies Shot in Buffalo
- 7 Bed, 7 Bath Mansion for Sale in Buffalo [PHOTOS]
- 7 Movies You May Not Know Are Set in or Reference Buffalo
- Top 5 Female Gangsters of New York
- 9 Famous People You May Not Know Are From Buffalo
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]