Attend a Free Community Job Fair
There will be a Community Job Fair on Thursday, October 10. There will be more than 150 job openings. The Job Fair will be held in the lobby and community room at the Buffalo Police Department C District Police Station, located at 693 E. Ferry Street, from 11 am to 1 pm. Resumes are requested, but not necessary to attend. Dress to get hired for the position you want! Some of the companies that will be in attendance are Rite Aid, Allpro Parking, Upstate Niagara Cooperative, NYS Department of Corrections, Lexington Cooperative Market, Hyatt Regency Buffalo, Baker Victory Services and more! For more information contact officer Andrea Anderson 716-851-4412.
If you don't have your resume together, I would suggest going to the Buffalo and Erie County Public Libraries. They have resources and computers that you can use to get your resume together.
Here are some tips:
1. Use short, succinct bullet points. Not paragraphs.
2. Ditch the objective section from your resume
3. Only add a Summary section if you need one
4. Order your resume's sections based on job requirements
Check out the rest at ResumeWorded.com
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- 9 Famous People You May Not Know Are From Buffalo
- The 15 Richest Millionaires and Billionaires in New York
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]