Should Prostitution be Legalized in New York State
Some New York state lawmakers want to decriminalize prostitution here! Do you think that should happen? Get the details and vote!
A pair of senators here in New York state want to make prostitution legal! State Senators Jessica Ramos and Julia Salazar said that sex workers are just trying to make ends meet, according to a New York Daily News article. The also said that most of the people who prostitute in massage parlors are undocumented immigrants, according to WIVB. Approximately 100 protesters gathered yesterday (February 26) to call for the repealing penal code 240.37. Senator Salazar said, "94% of people arrested for the charge in Brooklyn and Queens are black women," according to a New York Daily News.
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- 2018 $5 Canalside Summer Concerts Series
- 2018 Summer Food and Drink Festivals in Buffalo, WNY and Canada Guide! [List]
- 2018 Spring and Summer Shows and Concerts Guide
- 9 Famous People You May Not Know Are From Buffalo
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]