NY Attorney General to Fantasy Island: Issue Season Pass Holders Refund or Face Lawsuit
The New York State Attorney General has officially demanded that Fantasy Island season pass holders receive a refund!
With the announcement of the permanent closing of Fantasy Island, season pass holders have been concerned about refunds. On Friday, Letitia James, the New York State Attorney General sent a letter to the CEO of Apex Parks, which owns Fantasy Island, demanding refunds, according to WRGZ. She has given Apex Parks a deadline of a week from today (March 2nd) or threatens a lawsuit on behalf of consumers. You can file a complaint against Fantasy Island via the Office of the AG's website.
"My office took immediate steps, demanding that the amusement park’s owner provide refunds to consumers for season passes, meal plans, and other goods and services for the 2020 season. My office will not hesitate to take further legal action if these refunds are not issued. I continue to encourage every New Yorker affected by Fantasy Island’s closure to file a complaint on our website so that we can continue to fight to ensure every New York consumer is made whole."~ Letitia James, the New York State Attorney General via WGRZ
Fantasy Island's website simply says, "Fantasy Island Is Permanently Closed. We appreciate your support and patronage through the years." It doesn't say anything about refunds, but directs any questions to a form.
Here are some other articles you might enjoy:
- 13 Menu Items Fast Food Workers Say to Never Order
- 7 Bed, 7 Bath Mansion for Sale in Buffalo [PHOTOS]
- Alicia Keys Co-Signs Griselda and Shouts Out Buffalo
- Top 5 Female Gangsters of New York
- 9 Famous People You May Not Know Are From Buffalo
- The 15 Richest Millionaires and Billionaires in New York
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]