Free Motivational Back-to-School Rally for Buffalo Teens
There is a free Back to School Motivational Rally being held at the Northland Training Center, which is located at 683 Northland Avenue in Buffalo. There will be free food, giveaways, and four speakers to help inspire the youth in Buffalo as they get ready to head back to school on Wednesday, September 8, 2021. Power 93.7 WBLK is a sponsor of this event, which is taking place on Thursday, August 26, 2021. It will be held from 5:30 pm to 7 pm.
The rally is open to all Buffalo teens and free for the community. Parents and guardians are welcome to attend the event with their teens.
This has been one of the hardest times ever to be a teenager, so we are putting together this powerful event to provide motivation and hope for our youth. ~ Event Organizers via Eventbrite
Four speakers, Dr. Marck Abraham, Duncan Kirkwood, Detra Truehart, and Sam Radford will talk to the youth with messages of hope and motivation.
Any teens, parents, guardians, or community members who would like to attend the event should pre-register for free via Eventbrite.
Here are the take-aways for parents and guardians getting their teens ready to head back to school, from Dr. Cash's letter to parents, teachers, staff and stakeholders:
- Masks will be required, regardless of vaccination status, for students and staff
- Regular testing of students and staff will happen on a regular basis, with 30 percent being randomly tested weekly
- All students will return to in-person classes, five days per week
- Students will be permitted to eat in cafeterias, so long as a three-feet space can be maintained between each student when they remove their masks to eat or drink
- All staff must be fully vaccinated
- In-classroom lunches may be utilized by school administrators and staff
- Students who have an eligible medical exemption can choose remote learning (requests for medical exemptions must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Dr. Sharon Brown, Assistant Superintendent for Student Support Services; 427 City Hall, Buffalo, NY 14202)
- The cleaning protocols from the 2020-2021 school year will remain in place
- Daily temperature checks and screening questions for staff will remain in place
- Masks will be required on school buses