Erie County Board of Elections Offering Extended Hours for Voters
As we get closer to the 2021 General Election in New York State, both the NYS Board of Elections and the Erie County Board of Elections are doing their part to try and make voting easier for the general public.
In addition to being able to drop off your absentee ballot at any Early Voting Location in Buffalo, Erie County, or the rest of Western New York; the Erie County BOE is offering at least separate days where it is extending its office hours for people to drop off their absentee ballot in advance of Election Day on Tuesday, November 2, 2021.
The county elections office is normally opened from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, but will be open for additional hours on the following dates:
- Tuesday, October 19, 2021, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thursday, October 21, 2021, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, October 23, 2021, from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 26, 2021, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursday, October 28, 2021, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, October 30, 2021, from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
In addition to dropping your absentee ballot off at the elections office, you can also mail it to their office in Downtown Buffalo, or drop it off at any polling site.
If you do mail in your absentee ballot, it has to be postmarked by November 2, 2021 and received at the Board of Elections office by November 9, 2021.