Drivers Will Get Automatic Fines In 25 Work Zones Around New York State
New York State will automatically fine drivers caught speeding in 25 work zones this week. Be aware so that you don't end up with an automatic fine for speeding through a work zone.
Any driver in the zones across New York who is caught speeding in one of these construction zones this week will be fined. Automatic cameras will capture speeding driver's license plates and the state will send out Notices of Liability.
There are new work zones where drivers will be automatically fined for speeding between today and Friday, October 13, 2023. New York Vehicle & Traffic Law § 1180-E allows for automated speed monitoring in certain construction zones around the state. The program, which is a joint effort by the State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) and the Thruway Authority (NYSTA), will last for five years.
The NYSDOT and the NYSTA may impose a fine on the registered owner of a vehicle speeding in a work zone on a controlled access highway.
Because the speed detection is automated, the owner of the vehicle (the person who holds the registration) will receive the fine. So, if your family member or friend is driving your car, you will be the one held responsible.
New York Drivers Caught Speeding In These 31 Work Zones Will Be Automatically Fined
- I-695 N/B At Lafayette Avenue
- I-695 S/B At Layton Avenue
- NY-17, I-86 EB between Carpenter-Pringles Rd and Westman Rd, T. North Harmony
- NY-17, I-86 WB between exits 58 and 59 (Closer to Exit 59)
- NY Route 17 Exit 84 Deposit
- NY Route 17 EB Deposit
- I-290 EB at NY Route 324 Interchange, T. Amherst
- I-278 W/B At South 3rd Street
- I-278 E/B At South 9th Street
- I-490 EB between Garnsey Rd and I-90
- NY-104 104 EB at Portland
- NB RT135, Boundry Ave & Ext 7E for EB Hempstead Tpk Vicinity
- PK-908C Loop Parkway/Long Creek
- PK-908G WB NSP, 1/2 mile WO Hillside Ave & 1/4 mile WO IU Willets Rd Vicinity
- PK-908G, EB NSP, Ext 27S for Shelter Rock Rd & Searingtown Rd Vicinity
- PK-908M, EB SSP, Bellmore Ave Bridge & WSP
- PK-908M, EB SSP, Oakfield Ave Bridge & WSP
- I-481 Over I-690 WB
- I-81 Over Park Street (BIN 1071341)
- I-84 W/B Between Exit 39 and Exit 32
- NY-27 EB NY 27 at Canal Road East
- NY-27 EB RT27 & Barnes Rd
- PK-908J RMC & State Boat Channel
- PK-908J RMC & Great South Bay
- I-87 NB between Exit 22 and Exit 23/Bridge over Rte 9