Voter Registration Online Help Here
If you have not yet registered to be allowed to vote in this year's Presidential Election there's still time and this blog post will make it much easier. There's a link below that will allow you to fill out and have your Voter Registration form ready to print and take to your Local Election Office. There's even a link that will help you determine where your local Election Office is.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO VOTE:
Here's another inspiring video explaining the Election Process in the United States:
According to the New York State Official Website to register to vote you must:
- Be a United States citizen;
- Be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote);
- Be a resident of this state and the county, city or village for at least 30 days before the election;
- Not be in prison or on parole for a felony conviction (unless parolee pardoned or restored rights of citizenship);
- Not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court;
- Not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
According to the New York State Official Website, to register online, you will need:
- NYS driver license, permit, or non-driver ID card
- ZIP Code currently on record with the DMV
- Social security number
Not Registered to Vote yet? Click the link below to get started: