These WNY Restaurants Were Rated The Best At The Taste of Buffalo
One of the most anticipated events in Western New York has arrived and so far The 40th Annual Taste of Buffalo, presented by Tops Friendly Markets, has not disappointed one bit.
More than 40 restaurants and wineries participated in this year's food festival, inviting thousands of people into the heart of downtown Buffalo to remind folk why this is the City of Good Neighbors.
Every year the Board of Directors of the Taste of Buffalo holds a friendly competition between all of the restaurants that participate in America's best food festival and this year is no different.
Organizers gathered Dozens of judges from all around Western New York to serve as Food Judges for the festival. Those judges fanned out into Niagara Square and Delaware Avenue to try all of the fares that were available and rate them on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best ever. After the votes are cast and tallied, officials declare a winner in several different categories.
What Was My Favorite Restaurant?
I had the honor of serving as a food judge this year, and the food did not disappoint one bit. The only true struggle was making sure I didn't overeat so I could truly enjoy everything the Taste of Buffalo had to offer.
Of all of the different places that are featured this year, my favorite items were:
- The Piggy Mac'N from The Cheesy Chick Food Truck,
- The Pelau Chicken & Rice from KT Caribbean Cuisine Food Truck,
- The Chicken Wing Dip Logs from Steaksters, and
- The Loganberry Cheesecake from Genevieve's Cheesecakes.
So What Restaurants Won The Competition?
After all of the votes were tabulated, the winners of the 2023 Taste of Buffalo Restaurant Competition are:
- Chair's Choice - Selected by Elizabeth Mamot, the 2023 Taste of Buffalo Chairperson
- Days Park Tavern - Beef Brisket on Weck
- Children's Choice - Selected by Keira Mamot, Daughter of 2023 Taste Chairperson
- Chicken Butter Tikka Masala
- Best Overall Item
- Venus Greek Fries
- Eric Duvall Memorial "Best of Buffalo" Award
- Sweet Melody’s Gelato - Red, White & Blue Sundae
- Best Seafood
- Brodies of WNY LLC - Boneless Seasoned Fried Haddock Fish
- "Louis J. Billittier Sr. “Rookie of the Year” Award
- Avenue29 Foods
- Best Dessert
- Nick Charlap’s Ice Cream - Ice Cream Nachos
- Best Meat Item
- Kith & Kin Bakeshop & Bistro - Meatloaf Sundae
- Veteran Restaurant Award
- Dirty Bird Chicken N’ Waffles LLC
- Best Sandwich
- Sidelines Sports Bar and Grill – Beef on Weck
- Buffalo Gusto Critic's Choice Award
- Golden Hour Treats
- Choice Award
- Desert Glow Crepe
- Best Red Wine
- Three Brothers Winery – Red Jazz
- Best White Wine
- A Gust of Sun Winery - Diamond
- Favorite Fermentation
- Merritt Estate Winery - Chardonnay
2023 Independent Health Foundation's Healthy Options Winners
- First Place
- New Jewel of India – Chana Saag
- Second Place
- Mister Pizza Elmwood – Vegan Pizza
- Third Place
- The Bavarian Nut Company – Buffalo Hot Nuts
- Best Healthy Dessert Award
- Chrusciki Bakery - Pina Colada Parfait