The Charges Against Jussie Smollett Have Been Dropped
The criminal case against Jussie Smollett has been dropped!
According to TMZ, the State's Attorney Kim Foxx's office said:
"After reviewing all of the facts and circumstances of the case, including Mr. Smollett's volunteer service in the community and agreement to forfeit his bond to the City of Chicago, we believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case."
Jussie's lawyer Patricia Holmes, said there was no deal made with prosecutors, they decided to drop the charges on their own. Jussie did decide to forfeit his bond voluntarily.
Jussie's family released a statement saying:
"This morning truth has prevailed and (Jussie) has been vindicated. While many were quick to rush to judgement before hearing the actual truth, we are grateful that the truth about Jussie has come to light. We look forward to bringing the real perpetrators to justice."
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- 9 Famous People You May Not Know Are From Buffalo
- The 15 Richest Millionaires and Billionaires in New York
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]