We all know how cold it can get in Western NY during the winter; and I know we all not trying to pay a million dollars on our heat bill so most of us use space heaters.

Space heaters are convenient but they can also be extremely dangerous. Heaters are the 2nd leading cause of home fires in the U.S and 3rd leading cause of home fire deaths . So Federal officials recommend that all space heaters be plugged into a grounded wall outlet -- not an extension chord, which can overheat and catch fire.

Be careful and stay warm Western N.Y!!!

More From 93.7 WBLK