LOT Polish Airlines Passenger Charges Cockpit On Flight To New York
A passenger on a LOT Polish Airlines flight headed to New York tried to charge the cockpit of the plane. The scary incident took place on Friday, November 18, 2022, around 8 pm. The flight from Warsaw, Poland had just landed at John F. Kennedy International Airport in Queens. According to officials, a man began yelling and charged to the cockpit. He then began banging on the door.
Passengers and the flight crew jumped into action and tackled the man. They then held him down on the floor, according to witness accounts. NBC New York reports that the man was restrained until the plane reached the airport terminal. The man was taken into custody by the Port Authority Police, then taken to a hospital for evaluation. The Federal Bureau of Investigation will determine whether he will face any charges.
7 Reasons Frontier's Unlimited 'GoWild! Pass' Is Trash For New York State Flyers
Here's why the Frontier Airlines unlimited flight 'GoWild! Pass' is trash in my opinion, as a traveler in New York:
- Cost: It initially costs $599, which is a great price, but then it automatically renews at $1,999 after the first year, unless you remember to cancel. With the price more than tripling after the first year, it doesn't seem worth it to me.
- Inability to Plan Ahead: You can't actually book domestic flights with the GoWild! Pass until the day before. So, unless you're an 18-year-old social media influencer with no set schedule, just hoping on random flights, it makes it virtually impossible to plan a trip. With international flights, they do give you a more generous lead of 10 days.
Flights can be booked and confirmed the day before flight departure for domestic travel and starting 10 days before flight departure for international travel.
- Blackout Dates: There are so many blackout dates; over 40 and most of them are holidays
May 25, 26, 29; June 29, 30; July 1-5, 8, 9; August 31; September 1, 4; October 5, 6, 9; November 18, 22, 24-27; December 16, 17, 22-24, 26-31; 2024: January 1, 15; February 15, 16, 19; March 3, 10, 15-17, 22-24, 29-31; April 5-7, 12-14.
- Limited Airports: Sure, Frontier flies out of Buffalo-Niagara International Airport, but there are only six other airports it offers flights from in New York State - Albany International Airport, Frederick Douglass International Airport in Rochester, LaGuardia Airport in Queens, Long Island MacArthur Airport, New York Stewart International Airport, and Syracuse Hancock International Airport. That leaves a lot of New Yorkers with limited access to Frontier flights.
- No Extras: GoWild! Pass flights do not include baggage fees, seat selection, or any other additional options or services. Plus, you still have to pay taxes and fees.
- Age Limit: You must be at least 18 years old to be a GoWild! Pass holder, so New York families with children can't buy one for their kids in the hopes of taking inexpensive and frequent family vacations.
- No Flights: Frontier Airlines' fine print says that the pass doesn't even guarantee that you can actually catch a flight,
The GoWild! Pass does not guarantee the availability of air transportation services. The ability to make GoWild! Pass bookings is based on flight and seat availability; not all Frontier flights will be available for booking through the GoWild! Pass. Last seat availability is not guaranteed.
Imagine paying $600 to catch a flight and you can't. And, you can't even get in touch with a customer service agent to complain about it lol. And I have one last gripe about the pass - you can't earn miles on the flights you take.
If you are still interested in buying the GoWild! Pass, I have some ocean-front property in Arizona that I'm looking to sell real cheap, so hit me up!