Mayor Brown Announces 2019 Summer Youth Internship Program
The application process has begun for Mayor Byron Brown's 2019 Summer Youth Internship Program. Get the details here!
The Summer Internship Program provides Buffalo youth with 6 weeks of training and work. Stduents in the program work for 20 hours per week over the course of the 6 week program. It begins July 8th and ends on August 15th. It is for city residents ages 14 through 21. Youth can get the application online at www.buffalony.gov. Youth and parents can also pick up applications in Room 1701 at Buffalo City Hall. Completed applications should be mailed or dropped off to the Department of Community Services, in Buffalo City Hall, located at 65 Niagara Square, Room 1701, Buffalo, New York, 14202. You can stop by Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm. You must send in or drop off your completed application by Friday, March 29, 2019.
Students must be between the ages of 14 and 21 (must turn age 14 by March 29, 2019) in order to participate. There will be counselors provided by the City of Buffalo’s Division for Youth, who will help mentor and monitor students in the program.
Copies of the items below must be submitted with each application:
1. Working Papers (obtained from your school’s counselor) for all youth under age 18
• Ages 14-15 (Blue Card)
• Ages 16-17 (Green Card).
2. Birth Certificate
3. Proof of Buffalo Residency (Utility Bills, Lease Agreement)
4. Family Income
5. Social Security Card
6. Attending School (Most recent School Report Card or Transcript)
To get additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- 9 Famous People You May Not Know Are From Buffalo
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]