Can You Legally Have Marijuana Delivered In New York State?
The first legal adult-use marijuana store will finally open this year in New York State. Once the store opens, the state expects to get the ball rolling and open many more stores in areas of the state. But, will consumers be able to get cannabis delivered? For someone who has already consumed cannabis, delivery options are important, since it is illegal to drive while high.
When I think about weed delivery, I think of the movie Half Baked. That was a classic. If you've never seen it and you consume pot, you've been missing out for years.
Credit: KiddReefTV via Youtube
Will New Yorkers Be Able To Get Cannabis Delivered?
Thankfully, the answer is yes! The Office of Cannabis Management released guidelines for marijuana delivery in New York State.
These are the guidelines:
- Retail licensees can secure a warehouse that will be used to fulfill delivery orders (while
building permanent dispensary locations for up to one year).
- Customers may only place online/phone orders, there will be no in-person sales or pick-ups from the
warehouse location allowed
- Customers must make online pre-payments only; no cash payments can be accepted by the delivery employee
- Delivery can be made by bicycles, scooters, as well as motor-vehicles
- Delivery customers must be 21 or older and present ID verification upon sale and delivery
- A company can have up to 25 delivery staff