Get Ready For A Weekend Full Of Fun And Food At Buffalo’s Italian Festival
Another major food and heritage festival will be taking place in Buffalo this weekend. The Galbani Italian Heritage Festival will be back on Hertel Avenue this weekend starting Friday, July 15 until Sunday, July 17, 2022.
Friday and Saturday, the festival will take place from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm. Sunday it will be open from 11:00 am until 6:00 pm. Some of Buffalo's favorite Italian food vendors will be lining Hertel Ave. from Delaware Ave. to Virgil Ave.
The headliner on the entertainment stage will be Buffalo's very own “Showman” Frankie Scinta. Attendees will be able to watch him perform on Saturday at 7:00 pm. The family-friendly event will also feature puppet shows for the kids, bocce games, and cooking demonstrations at the Galbani Cheese cooking series stage. The demos will be featuring Galbani’s celebrity Chef Marco and local chefs. There will be a free wine tasting, as well.
At 10:30 am on Sunday there will be a bilingual (Italian & American) Mass on the Main stage. The festival will also feature a Celebrity cheese building contest, which will benefit a charity, on Sunday at 1:00 pm. Followed by the Italian Idol contest at 2:00 pm. Both features will take place on the main stage.
2018 Italian Heritage Festival
These Are The Big Winners Of The 2022 Taste Of Buffalo
Eric DuVall Memorial Best of Buffalo Award was given for the first time in memory of Eric DuVall, a long-time Taste volunteer and board member who passed away earlier this year. Chosen by DuVall’s family and friends to receive this inaugural award was The Flaming Fish for their Shrimp Poboy.
Here Are The Winners Of The 39th Annual Taste Of Buffalo:
- Chair’s Choice : HofbräuhausBuffalo, Kartoffelsuppe
- Children’s Choice: Mister Pizza, Cheese Pizza
- “Rookie of the Year” Award: KT Caribbean Cuisine
- Veteran Restaurant Award: Chrusciki Bakery
- Best Overall Item: Taste of Siam, Fried Ice Cream
- Best Meat Item: BW’s Barbecue, BBQ St. Louis Cut Ribs
- Best Seafood Item: Carmine’s, Cajun Blackened Shrimp
- Best Dessert: Nick Charlap’s Hot Fudge Sundae
- Best Sandwich: Osteria 166, Porchetta Slider
- Best Red Wine: Three Brothers Wineries & Estates, Red Jazz Infusion
- Best White Wine: Victorianbourg Wine Estate, Pechette
- Favorite Fermentation: A Gust of Sun Winery & Vineyard, Sweet Diamond
- Independent Health Foundation’s Healthy Options:
First Place: Hofbräuhaus Buffalo, Gurkensalat
Second Place: Unbridled Café, Rustic Flatbread
Third Place: Sidelines Sports Bar and Grill, Summer Salad
- Best Healthy Dessert: Sweet Melody’s Gelato – Red, White and Blue Sundae
Buffalo News Gusto Critic’s Choice Award: Caribbean Flava, Curry Chicken
Congratulations to all of the winners!