Group from University at Buffalo Deported from Russia
A group from the University at Buffalo was detained, then deported from Russia!
Get $10 tickets (including skates) to the 3rd Annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Skating Jam, Saturday Dec. 21st from 10 pm to 1 am at Arena Skating Rink, 30 E. Amherst in Buffalo! CLICK HERE for tickets and more info!
“University at Buffalo officials worked closely with the U.S. Embassy in Russia to facilitate the disposition of the proceedings related to the five staff and faculty members who were detained while visiting the country. We understand that this matter has been resolved and the group has arrived back in the U.S. We are still gathering information and expect to conduct a full debriefing on the matter in the coming days,” said a statement issued by the University."
The group from UB included two faculty members from the School of Management, two staff members and a graduate, according to WGRZ. The group was detained for a few hours on December 9 in the city of Ryazan. Each member had to pay a small fine and then was "removed" from Russia. They had been in the country on a tourist visa, but gave a lecture at a university, which may have violated the terms of the visa.
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- Top 5 Female Gangsters of New York
- 9 Famous People You May Not Know Are From Buffalo
- The 15 Richest Millionaires and Billionaires in New York
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]