Get Outdoors & Get Together Day Announced in New York
New York State has announced that 'Get Outdoors & Get Together Day' events will be held at 21 select locations across the Empire State.
State agencies; The State Office of Parks, The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, and others have partnered with the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities and the Division of Veterans' Services, to host several low-cost and free events in an effort to connect New Yorkers to nature and provide increased access to the outdoors.
Governor Hochul said via a press release:
New York is home to some of the most spectacular, accessible outdoor spaces in the country, and Get Outdoors and Get Together Day is a great opportunity to not only showcase these spaces but to encourage their use by people of all abilities.
Governor Kathy Hochul and New York State announced that 21 locations across the Empire State will be hosting 'Get Outdoors & Get Together Day' on Saturday, June 11th.
This year's 'Get Outdoors & Get Together Day' is aimed at bringing people of all abilities, ages, identities, and backgrounds together for activities in the great outdoors of New York that are fun and healthy. The program is part of the Governor's initiative to broaden the diversity of users and ensure inclusivity of access to state public lands.
Some of the locations announced as part of the program are:
- Region 1/Long Island: Hempstead Lake State Park (Nassau County)
- Region 2/NYC: Mount Loretto Unique Area (Richmond County)
- Region 3/Hudson Valley: Stony Kill Farm Environmental Education Center (Dutchess County)
- Region 3/Catskills: Kenneth L. Wilson Campground (Ulster County)
- Region 3/Catskills: Catskills Visitor Center (Ulster County)
- Region 3/Hudson Valley: Long Dock Park (Dutchess County, in partnership with Scenic Hudson)
- Region 4/Catskills: North-South Lake Campground (Greene County)
- Region 4/Capital Region: Five Rivers Environmental Education Center (Albany County)
- Region 5/Adirondacks: Scaroon Manor Campground (Warren County)
- Region 6/Western Adirondacks: Lowville Forestry Demonstration Area (Lewis County)
- Region 7/Central NY: Rogers Environmental Education Center (Chenango County)
- Region 8/Central NY: In conjunction with the ADK Outdoor Expo (Monroe County)
- Region 9/Western NY: Reinstein Woods Environmental Education Center (Erie County)