Congratulations to the parents of the first babies born in Western New York in 2023. The twins were born at Oishei Children’s Hospital at 12:01 am, according to Kaleida Health's Facebook page. Courtney Ford and Taj Joseph of Amherst welcomed their twins - a baby boy named Taj Joseph who was born 5 pounds, 5 ounces, and a baby girl named Kamara Joseph who was born 5 pounds, 4 ounces. They have 1-year-old and 3-year-old big sisters. They received a gift package courtesy of Fisher-Price.
Oishei Children’s Hospital delivers approximately 3,600 babies annually and serves as the region’s only Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and state-designated Regional Perinatal Center. The multidisciplinary team of specialists provide expert prenatal care, labor and delivery services, family planning, comprehensive gynecological, women’s health and primary care for the moms and babies of Western New York at every stage of life.
You Can’t Name Your Baby Any Of These Names Banned In New York State
Strange, out-of-the-box baby names are all the rage right now. Elon Musk and Grimes named their son X Æ A-Xii. Celebrities have come up with off-the-wall names like North, Blue, Apple, Cosmo, Pilot Inspektor, Gravity, and the list goes on.
Names that are banned are often tied to the practicality of the software used to store personal records. Names are also banned to protect children. Here in New York, there are rules to names a baby can legally be given. Below are the actual names and types of names that are banned.
1. A baby cannot have a first or middle name that is longer than 30 characters each.
2. A baby's last name can't be longer than 40 characters.
3. A baby's name cannot contain any numbers or special characters.
4. A baby's name cannot be King, Queen or Majesty.
(Although I am not so sure, because rapper T.I. has a son named 'King.')
5. You cannot name your baby Jesus Christ.
Jesus by itself is fine. I grew up in the southwest, where Jesus is a common name, pronounced hay-SOOS.
6. III is a banned baby name.
7. A baby can't be named Santa Claus.
8. Misteri N*gger is off-limits.
9. Stay away from trying to name your baby Adolph Hitler.
10. Messiah is a banned baby name.
11. You can't name a baby @.
12. No baby can be named 1069.
Source: US Birth Certificates