Erie County All-Star Marching Band Needs New Musicians
If you or someone you know loves music and wants to be part of a great band, here is a perfect opportunity. According to a media release sent to us, there are plenty of openings for the band!
The Erie County Agricultural Society, sponsors of the Erie County Fair, invites brass, woodwind and percussion musicians as well as color guard members in grades 7 through 12 to join the Erie County Fair Marching Band this summer. The band is an “all-star” county ensemble representing schools across Western New York. The bands schedule will consist of appearances throughout the summer and daily performances at the Erie County Fair.
WHO CAN AUDITION?
- Students Currently in Grades 7-12, or previous band members who graduated in 2021 who have:
- Experience reading music, including sight reading
- Experience playing brass, woodwind or percussion instruments
- Experience dancing or spinning flag, rifle or sabre
- Reliable transportation to and from the Fairgrounds
- Current or recent involvement in a school band program
- Experience marching is preferred but not required
For more information or to become part of the band, CLICK HERE. The deadline to apply is April 18th.