Erie County Clerk Michael Kearns Refuses to Abide by State Law
Erie County Clerk Michael Kearns says he will not follow a bill signed into law on Monday! Even though the Green Light Bill passed and was signed into law on Monday, Kearns says he will disregard the New York State law, according to WIVB. It allows for illegal or undocumented immigrants to apply for and receive a driver's license. Kearns sent a letter (see below), to Erie County Attorney Michael Siragusa asking him for legal representation in the matter. A spokesperson for Siragusa said that he "will be reviewing the request to make a determination on any potential action," according to Channel 4.
"Kearns suggested the Green Light Bill may be a violation of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, a federal measure which was signed by President Ronald Reagan."
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- 9 Famous People You May Not Know Are From Buffalo
- The 15 Richest Millionaires and Billionaires in New York
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]