Canadian Man Illegally Swims Across Niagara River
What in the 'Oh Canada' is going on here? Since when do Canadians want to sneak into the U.S.? Tuesday (May 21) evening, a man was spotted swimming across the Niagara River from the Canadian side, according to WGRZ. Border Patrol agents responded, but could not locate the man at the time. They did find a life vest and swimming fins on the shore. They also identified a vehicle that was allegedly used in the incident. The area was just south of the Whirlpool Bridge in Niagara Falls. They did arrest the alleged illegal immigrant and two other people around 3 am on Wednesday (May 22). The swimmer and one of the suspects are citizens of Spain, the other is a citizen of the U.S.
“This individual placed himself in extreme danger by swimming across the Niagara River in attempt to illegally enter the U.S. and is lucky to have survived the ordeal. The river is immensely hazardous with rapids, strong currents, and low water temperatures.”
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- 9 Famous People You May Not Know Are From Buffalo
- The 15 Richest Millionaires and Billionaires in New York
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]