Buffalo Residents Can Get Their Taxes Done for Free
Buffalo resident? Here's what you need to get your taxes prepared for free.
The Buffalo Federation of Neighborhood Centers is offering to do residents' taxes for free. If you make $57,000 or less in income per year, you can qualify to get your basic return prepared at no cost to you, according to a press release I received. The deadline to file your taxes is April 15, 2021, for your 2020 tax returns. There are two ways to have BFNC tax professionals file for you. In-person visits can be scheduled at Jewett Ave. site in Buffalo by calling 211. If you choose to set up an in-person visit, you will need to wear a mask and only the tax client will be allowed into the appointment. You'll also need to download, print, and complete an intake form.
You can also submit your documents securely online by visiting this website. The sponsors for the free tax services are the United Way of Buffalo & Erie County, M&T Bank, Internal Revenue Service, and the University at Buffalo.
Here's what you need to know:
- The deadline to file your taxes is April 15, 2021
- In-person visits can be scheduled at Jewett Ave. only by calling 211
- Masks are required for in-person appointments
- Only the tax client will be allowed into the appointment
- You'll also need to download, print, and complete an intake form
- Submit documents securely online here
Documents required for preparation:
- Proof of tax client identification
- Social security cards for tax client(s) and dependents
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number paperwork or Social Security Statement (SSA-1099)
- Personal information for spouse and dependents
- Previous year tax returns
- wage and income statements & tip income
For more information about you can visit https://www.bfnc.org/service/hope-center/ or call 716-853-0600 extension 132.
Buffalo Federation of Neighborhood Centers (BFNC)
45 Jewett Ave, Suite 250
Buffalo, NY 14214