Buffalo City Pools Getting Ready To Open
The warmer temps have finally arrived for good in Western New York, so many Buffalonians are looking for ways to stay occupied and cool for the next few months.
One of the great things about living in the 716 is that there is no shortage of places to enjoy the fun, sun, and water in the area.
Of course, there's no shortage of beaches and beach clubs to hang out at. But if the beach isn't for you, then there are tons of public pools in Buffalo and Western New York that you can hop in this summer.
Buffalo, the largest municipality in the region, has several indoor and outdoor public pools that you can feel free to use once they open for the season.
When Do The Buffalo Public Pools Open
The indoor pools are open year-round and can be used just about any time during their operating hours. The city's splash pads opened for the season on Memorial Day weekend and are on every day as long as the weather is good.
The city's wading pools and outdoor swimming pools, which had been closed for the past couple of years due to COVID-19, are set to open on Saturday, July 1, 2023.
Buffalo has had a series of labor shortages over the last few years that have also prevented the city from opening pools last year, however, officials this year have stated they are taking steps to move past that for this year.
Where are Buffalo's Pools?
- ALLISON POOL
- 50 REES STREET, BUFFALO, NY 14213
- CAZENOVIA POOL
- 626 ABBOTT ROAD, BUFFALO, NY 14210
- CENTENNIAL POOL
- 5 PORTER AVENUE, BUFFALO, NY 14201
- CROWLEY WADING POOL
- TONAWANDA ST/CROWLEY ST BUFFALO, NY 14207
- HOUGHTON POOL
- 36 SPANN STREET, BUFFALO, NY 14206
- JFK POOL
- 114 HICKORY STREET, BUFFALO, NY 14204
- KENSINGTON POOL
- 665 KENSINGTON AVENUE, BUFFALO, NY 14215
- LOVEJOY POOL
- 1171 E. LOVEJOY STREET, BUFFALO, NY 14206
- MASTEN POOL
- 224 BEST STREET, BUFFALO, NY 14209
- MLK WADING POOL
- 175 NORTH PARADE AVENUE, BUFFALO, NY 14208
- RIVERSIDE POOL
- 2505 NIAGARA STREET, BUFFALO, NY 14207