7 Reasons You Should Donate to St. Jude
We are hosting our annual Urban Radio Cares for St. Jude Kids broadcast, raising money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. St. Jude is working hard to get to a place where no child dies from cancer. Their work has already led them to find a cure for sickle cell disease.
You can help kids fight cancer and make sure no family receives a bill by becoming a Partner in Hope. You can call 1-800-411-9898 or you can visit this link.
7 Reasons You Should Become a Partner in Hope Today
1. In the 50 years that St. Jude has been open, its research and treatments have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate to 80 percent, up from 20 percent. St. Jude pledges that it "won’t stop until no child dies from cancer."
2. The families of children receiving treatment at St. Jude never receive a bill. Families receive assistance for travel, food, housing and to cover other things they shouldn't have to worry about while their child is fighting for their life. St. Jude believes parents and family members should be able to focus on the child and their treatment.
3. St. Jude freely shares its research worldwide. Its mission is "Finding cures. Saving children." With its willingness to provide other doctors and researchers with its findings, it is truly standing behind its mission.
4. St. Jude's research has led to a cure for sickle cell,
"In 1983, a St. Jude patient was the first in the world to be cured of sickle cell anemia through a stem cell/bone marrow transplant."
5. You can help make a huge difference and save children's lives for just $19 a month, which most of us spend eating out a couple of times.
6. You're helping children fight cancer and live! You never know if one day your child, grandchild, niece, nephew or another child in your life will have to fight against cancer. Pay it forward, become a Partner in Hope.
7. You will get this "We Won't Stop" t-shirt by becoming a Partner in Hope.