11-Year-Old Buffalo Girl is Offering Scholarship for HS Students
Harmony Rae, who is 11, is offering a scholarship for a graduating WNY high school student! The deadline is Monday, so get the details and apply! The scholarship honors Harmony's grandmother, Mary L. Stokes. Harmony and her mother, Gizelle, lived with her grandmother in 2014 to give her care as she battled pancreatic cancer. During that time, she would spend every day after school with her grandma and grew close to her.
To be eligible for the scholarship, a student must meet all the requirements below:
1. An ethnic minority and/or underrepresented student.
2. A resident of Western New York.
3. A graduating senior from a area High School with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
To apply, applicant must:
1. Complete and sign the scholarship application form on the website.
2. Write an essay on one of the scholarship topics (250 words).
3. Submit copy of the student’s last report card.
4. Submit a photo (to be used to celebrate being a recipient on our website).
5. Must submit this online application and send over the students headshot photo and report cards via email by Monday, June 10, 2019.
The scholarship will be awarded after the student submits an enrollment verification letter (please include your student ID number with the letter) from the two-year or four-year college. School and community service is highly recommended.
Students can apply online at: https://peaceloveharmonyrae.com/pages/scholarship
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- 9 Famous People You May Not Know Are From Buffalo
- The 15 Richest Millionaires and Billionaires in New York
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]