Today’s SkyRide Closes Skyway (Temporarily)
The Buffalo Skyride is an annual event and according to news reports it's a fundraiser which brings cyclists on a unique city-wide tour. The event is sponsored by GOBike Buffalo and this is the 6th year for this event.
The GOBike Buffalo SkyRide will affect travel today, according to reports:
SkyRide traffic impacts
- Skyway (Route 5) - closed from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. Sunday
- Scajaquada Expressway (Route 198) - closed from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. Sunday
- Kensington Expressway (Route 33) - closed from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. Sunday
The Scajaquada Expressway eastbound and Kensington Expressway westbound (into downtown) will remain open all day.
All highways will reopen no later than 12 p.m.
- Motorists on Porter Avenue can expect traffic delays between 8:55 a.m. and 9:45 a.m.
- Those who are on Niagara Street and Michigan Avenue will experience delays and may need to follow police detours.
- Motorists using the Skyway/Route 5 to go north are encouraged to exit at Ridge Road and take South Park Avenue into Buffalo.
SkyRide is GOBike Buffalo's annual event and fundraiser which brings cyclists on a unique city-wide tour.
GOBike holds the SkyRide in hopes of moving toward a transportation system that improves health, safety and quality of life for everyone.
Here's a link if you need more info: