These Are The Big Winners Of The 2022 Taste Of Buffalo
The first day of America's largest two-day food festival, the 39th Annual Taste of Buffalo presented by Tops, was amazing. It was a beautiful day in downtown Buffalo. Of course, if you weren't able to make it out yesterday, you and the fam can enjoy the best food Buffalo has to offer today, Sunday, July 10 from 11 am to 7 pm. There are 40 restaurants and food trucks, five wineries from across New York State, live music, live cooking demonstrations, kids activities and more. You can check it out until 7 pm today along Delaware Avenue starting at Chippewa Street and continuing into Niagara Square.
I had the pleasure of serving as a food judge. It's always an amazing experience that I am very thankful for.
Eric DuVall Memorial Best of Buffalo Award was given for the first time in memory of Eric DuVall, a long-time Taste volunteer and board member who passed away earlier this year. Chosen by DuVall’s family and friends to receive this inaugural award was The Flaming Fish for their Shrimp Poboy.
Here Are The Winners Of The 39th Annual Taste Of Buffalo:
- Chair’s Choice : HofbräuhausBuffalo, Kartoffelsuppe
- Children’s Choice: Mister Pizza, Cheese Pizza
- “Rookie of the Year” Award: KT Caribbean Cuisine
- Veteran Restaurant Award: Chrusciki Bakery
- Best Overall Item: Taste of Siam, Fried Ice Cream
- Best Meat Item: BW’s Barbecue, BBQ St. Louis Cut Ribs
- Best Seafood Item: Carmine’s, Cajun Blackened Shrimp
- Best Dessert: Nick Charlap’s Hot Fudge Sundae
- Best Sandwich: Osteria 166, Porchetta Slider
- Best Red Wine: Three Brothers Wineries & Estates, Red Jazz Infusion
- Best White Wine: Victorianbourg Wine Estate, Pechette
- Favorite Fermentation: A Gust of Sun Winery & Vineyard, Sweet Diamond
- Independent Health Foundation’s Healthy Options:
First Place: Hofbräuhaus Buffalo, Gurkensalat
Second Place: Unbridled Café, Rustic Flatbread
Third Place: Sidelines Sports Bar and Grill, Summer Salad
- Best Healthy Dessert: Sweet Melody’s Gelato – Red, White and Blue Sundae
Buffalo News Gusto Critic’s Choice Award: Caribbean Flava, Curry Chicken
Congratulations to all of the winners!