Help Wanted! The Village of Wappingers Falls is Now Hiring
Employment has been a stressful topic of conversation for over a year now as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, and job security is always on the forefront of people's minds.
Lately we have been seeing more and more businesses returning to an adjusted sense of normalcy, and with that, the need to increase or expand staffing.
The Village of Wappingers Falls recently announced that they are hiring for 3 part-time positions, and these positions are open to all, you do not need to be a village resident to apply!
In a recent facebook announcement, WappingersRises, a group of village residents that work to build community in the Wappingers Falls area, shared the following information:
Part-Time Recreation Program Assistant:
- Creating, organizing and instructing recreation activities
- HS diploma/GED plus 2 years recreation/youth program or closely related fieldwork required
Part-Time Recreation Director:
- Overall management and organization of recreation activities
- HS diploma/GED plus 2 years of planning or directing recreation activities required
- Operation/maintenance of motor equipment
- Mechanical experience, ability to do routine physical work and work under weather conditions required
In speaking with Courtney Kolb from Wappingers Rises:
While Wappingers Rises isn't affiliated with government, we as a group have been advocating for all positions to be posted and shared publicly to encourage more involvement.
If you are passionate about these three positions, or another role in the community, even if you live outside the one square mile village, contact the village today.
Resumes for any of the 3 positions should be sent to John M. Karge: 2582 South Avenue, Wappingers Falls, NY 12590, or via email to JMKARGE@optonline.net.
ON THE JOB: Top 20 Places To Work in Poughkeepsie
Beware of These 50 Jobs That Might Vanish in the Next 50 Years