9 Zip Codes In Erie And Niagara Counties With Lowest Vaccination Rates
As cases of COVID-19 continue to spread across New York, Governor Hochul and Health officials continue to encourage residents to get vaccinated. However, these 9 zip codes in Erie and Niagara Counties have the lowest numbers of fully vaccinated residents, as of December 19, 2021, according to the New York Department of Health:
9. 14170 (West Falls - Erie County) - 53.7%
8. 14301 (Niagara Falls - Niagara County) - 53.4%
7. 14035 (Collins Center- Erie County) - 47.6%
6. 14030 (Chaffee - Erie County) - 45.2%
5. 14070 (Gowanda - Erie County) - 40.5%
4. 14034 (Collins - Erie County) - 38.3%
3. 14061 (Farnham - Erie County) - 33.6%
2. 14109 (Niagara University - Niagara County) - 11.2%
1. 14261 (Buffalo - Erie County) - 10.4%
Currently, the COVID-19 surge across the state is the worst to date, since the beginning of the pandemic. The previous record high, 19,942 positive cases of COVID-19, was announced by former Governor Andrew Cuomo on January 15, 2021, for the previous day (January 14).
According to Governor Kathy Hochul's report released on December 20 with data for December 19, we have broken that record for the fourth straight day. A total of 23,391 positive cases were reported for Dec. 19, an increase of 3,449 from the record high set in Jan.
For the past few weeks, Western New York had the highest 7-day average COVID-19 positivity rate, but we've recently been surpassed by Long Island.
|Region||Sunday, December 19, 2021|
|Central New York||8.26%|
|New York City||6.82%|
|Western New York||9.06%|
Thankfully, our rate has dropped below 11 percent, where it had been for quite a few days. But make no mistake, COVID-19 is surging across the state.
Pegulas Sell Lakefront Buffalo Home
Check Out The Top 5 Most Expensive Homes For Sale In Western New York