While it may not seem like it, we're nearly halfway through the summer of 2022.
One of the great things about Buffalo is that we have really great summers in the 716. Of course, they are way too short, and we're just about forced to complete a year's worth of activity in just 3 short months.
There have already been so many great activities, shows, and events this year, that it's hard to believe that August is already upon us.
We've already eaten great and amazing food at the Taste of Buffalo and the Italian Festival. Partied with our friends at Canalfest. Seen musical greats like Patti Labelle, Tim McGraw, Ja Rule, New Kids On The Block, and Rage Against The Machine in concerts across the region.
But with all that we've done so far this year, there is still so much that we need to knock off our out summer must-do checklist.
Here's what's on my to-do list for the remainder of summer 2022:
- Go on a selfie-taking trip to all of the new murals that have popped up all over the 716,
- Watch the sunset at Gallagher Pier,
- Get some food to go and have a quick picnic on Three Sisters Island,
- Sit in the big chairs at Canalside,
- Catch the Queen City Bike Ferry to the Outer Harbor,
- Tour the Buffalo Main Light House at the US Coast Guard Station,
- Bike ride on Lakeside Bike Park,
- Catch movie night at the Transit Drive-In,
- Go to Artpark for a concert,
- Play in the giant sandbox at Canalside,
- Visit the Zoomagination at the Buffalo Zoo,
- Take a ride on the Maid of the Mist,
- Visit the Cave Of The Winds,
- Rent a boat and park it at Riverworks for a drink,
- Visit the sunflower fields in Sanborn,
- Have a front yard picnic with your kids,
- Find a friend with a pool and become the bestest friend they've ever had this summer,
- Get a group together for the floating tiki bar,
- Buy fresh flowers and fruits and veggies at the farmers' market,
- Go strawberry picking,
- Rent a waterbike or kayak,
- Go camping at Stoneybrook State Park,
- Watch a Hertel North Park Little League baseball game,
- Hike the Eternal Flame Trail at Chestnut Ridge Park,
- Tour the USS Little Rock Take at the Buffalo and Erie County Naval Military Park,
- View the Toronto Skyline from Fort Niagara,
- Go see the falls: Pick one, we have plenty to choose from (Niagara, Glen, and Akron),
- Take a selfie with Shark Girl,
- Rollerskate at Canalside,
- Skip dinner and visit the food trucks at the Outer Harbor pop-up events,
- Strole along the boardwalks in Reinstein Woods,
- Take your pup to the dog park at Ellicott Island Park,
- Have a water balloon fight with your neighbors,
- Watch the sunrise from the observation tower at the Erie Basin Marina,
- Whirlpool Boat tour to Devil’s Hole (opens July 1),
- Sit on the beach at Woodlawn,
- Run through a sprinkler,
- Chase down the ice cream truck,
- Go to splash pads at Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Park,
- Play a round of cornhole in the backyard,
- Watch the sunset at Wilkeson Pointe.
What would you add to this list?