Drake Sued for Assault in Club
After a brawl broke out in a West Hollywood nightclub last year, the alleged victim believes that Drake had something to do with the violent attack.
According to a TMZ report published Tuesday (Jan. 22), Bennett Sipes has filed a new lawsuit against the Toronto native, Odell Beckham Jr., Kourtney Kardashian's ex-boyfriend Younes Bendjima and Delilah nightclub & restaurant after he was reportedly attacked by Bendjima and members of both Drake and Beckham's entourages. Court documents show that Sipes claims he had a confrontation with the OVO Sound rapper and the NFL player in the VIP area. Once he made his way out of their section, Sipes alleges that Drake gave his squad the "throat slash," a gesture that is usually associated with signaling an attack.
Once he got into the restroom, Sipes says Bendjima and associates who were with the defendants followed him and proceeded to beat him up. Neither Drake nor Beckham was in the vicinity of the brawl but Sipes claims they ordered their goons to attack him. According to his lawsuit, Sipes also claims that he continues to rack up medical bills and still suffers "extreme mental anguish and physical pain."
"We gave the defendant's months to settle this claim without litigation, but when they failed to be accountable for their actions, we were left with no choice but to file suit to seek justice for our client," said Colin Jones, a partner at the Wilshire Law Firm and Sipes' attorney.
As we previously reported, sources close to Drake and Beckham claim that Sipes was the aggressor and incited the incident when Drake and the group were leaving the club. The sources also say neither Drake or Beckham Jr. had anything to do with the fight.
Neither Drake nor Beckham have commented on the new lawsuit.
See Photos of Drake's Different Looks Over the Years