Buffalo Sabres Should Be Sold To These New York Athletes
One of the hottest trends in professional sports is to have current and former pro athletes become part owners of pro franchises.
Former Buffalo Bill running back Marshawn Lynch recently bought into the NHL team the Seattle Kracken while former US Women Soccer Star Mia Hamm is part owner of the Major League Soccer team LAFC.
So if the Pegulas are looking to sell the Buffalo Sabres or at least part of the team, here are some Western New York athletes we would love to see become part owners of the team.
1. Josh Allen - The current QB of the Buffalo Bills signed a mega extension with the Bills so he has the money, plus he has been seen at several Sabre games this season so you know he enjoys the game. Plus Sabre players love it when he visits the locker room.
2. Jim Kelly - The former Buffalo Bills QB still lives in Western New York and is active with tons of non-profits in the 716. He would bring instant name recognition to the Sabres and since he has chosen to live in Buffalo after his career ended, you know he loves the area and would never allow the team to leave.
3. Abby Wambach - The Rochester Native and former star of the Women's National Soccer team would be a great choice to be a part-owner of the Buffalo Sabres. She is active in the community and her ties in Rochester would help expand the Sabre brand into Central New York.
4. Dominik Hasek - One of the most dominant players in Buffalo Sabres history and a fan favorite, Hasek has a vast knowledge of hockey and playing in the NHL, plus having the Dominator at press conferences would be fantastic.
5. Summer Sanders - Since the former Olympian has married a Western New York she has become a major member of the Bills Mafia, so we are sure that she would adopt the Buffalo Sabres as her own as well. Plus having some gold medal dangling around her neck during press conferences would be fun to watch.
Buffalo Sabres Could Be Sold To These 5 People
Buffalo Sabres Goalie Masks
Buffalo Sabres Captains Since 2000