Buffalo Has #6 Most Self-Absorbed People in America
Are the people of Buffalo pretentious? Are Western New Yorkers obsessed with themselves? A new survey claims that Buffalo is the most 'beauty-obsessed' city in New York State. In fact, Buffalo ranks as the sixth self-obsessed place in the United States of America.
Social media, of course, cannot help people be conscious of their looks and how people perceive them. In fact, Instagram even took steps to try and stop body-image issues.
The study by StyleSeat looked at Google business listings to find the most beauty-obsessed cities in the United States by how many beauty parlors are in the area and how good they are. Buffalo ranked #1 in New York State and #6 in America. Now, does this mean that Buffalo has a lot of people that love their self-looks, or do people just really take care of themselves around here?
Here is how they came to their conclusions:
- Buffalo, NY was ranked as the #6 beauty-obsessed city in the U.S.
- Buffalo has a 4.46 average star rating across all beauty-related businesses and the 3rd most beauty businesses per capita, the most hair businesses, and the most spa businesses per capita of all cities analyzed!
- Buffalo is ranked as the #2 city for hair salons and services as well as the #1 city for spa lovers.
Where are the best spas in Buffalo and in the Western New York area? We asked listeners and there were 4 very distinct locations that were ahead of the rest.
- Woodhouse Spa - Buffalo, 5933 Main St, Williamsville, NY 14221
- Blu Spa & Salon, 3030 Orchard Park Rd, West Seneca, NY 14224
- The W, 8500 Roll Rd, Clarence Center, NY 14032
- Tres Aurae, 5195 Main St #1b, Williamsville, NY 14221