Break Out the Blue Cheese, Wingfest is Back in Buffalo for 2021
Buffalo is known as the home of Buffalo wings, but we had to skip the Wing Festival in 2020 due to COVID-19. But this year, it's back! The 20th Annual National Buffalo Wing Festival will take place in Western New York from September 4 to September 5, 2021.
It's great that another food festival is back in person since we love to eat in Buffalo. I remember going to my first WingFest, enjoying the great food and watching the wing eating contest. I love the fact that we have so many amazing events that celebrate food!
"We're celebrating our 20th Anniversary at our biggest venue to date: Highmark Stadium! 💥 Home of the Bills and now home of the WINGS! ~ National Buffalo Wing Festival"
The festival will take place at Highmark Stadium, located at 1 Bills Drive in Orchard Park. Here's what you need to know about attending the festival this year:
Due to the limited supply of chicken wings and post-covid sensitivity, the festival will be at half capacity. Only 25,000 tickets will be available for sale. There will be five (5) three-hour sessions. Capacity will be 5,000 people per session. ~National Buffalo Wing Festival
- There will be no tickets sold at the gate, they will be available for pre-sale only
- Tickets cost $20, which includes free parking, a donation to FeedMore WNY and a $5 voucher
- Chicken wing food tickets will need to be purchased on-site and are cash only
- Non-chicken wing food tickets can be purchased at each individual booth and are cash only
- Beverages, including beer, will have to be purchased using a debit or credit card (tickets cannot be used)
There are multiple sessions:
Session 1 will be held from 11:30 am – 2:30 pm
Session 2 will be held from 3:00 am – 6:00 pm
Session 3 will be held from 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm
Session 4 will be held from 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Session 5 will be held from 3:30 am – 6:30 pm
You can get more info on the National Buffalo Wing Festival website.