2020 BestSelf Golf Tournament Is Virtual This Year
The Child Advocacy Center at BestSelf is teeing up for its 2020 BestSelf Golf Tournament, but this year with some, you guessed it, changes. Every business that re-opens should be making that claim, such that there are 'changes'.
Change has also affected the 2020 BestSelf Golf Tournament making it now a 'virtual' event. The Tournament will not take place at Brookfield Country Club, rather it will be 'Virtual' and held at three of the most famous and well know Golf Courses in America over a 3-Day period, according to a Buffalo News report. The courses are:
- Torrey Pines in Calif.( June 2)
- Pebble Beach in Calif.( June 2)
- Bethpage Black on Long Island (June 4)
According to the Buffalo News, Tracy LeBlanc, vice president of marketing and development for BestSelf said this,
“Many not-for-profit organizations are cancelling or postponing their events this summer, including golf tournaments, but we decided to try something a little different and creative in hopes our many friends, in particular our dedicated, long-time sponsors, will continue to support us and our important mission during these unprecedented times,”
All this golfing activity has a greater purpose, as The Child Advocacy Center at BestSelf event is sponsored by Northwest Bank and Buffalo Business First. The event will raise awareness and funds in support of the agency's efforts to help kids who are in abusive situations. According to a Child Advocacy Center at BestSelf Press Release:
All proceeds will benefit the Child Advocacy Center at BestSelf. An estimated 3,000 children are abused each year in Erie County. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to grip our region, forcing families to stay home in increasingly stressful situations, officials at the CAC at BestSelf warn that childrenremain at an increased risk to be physically or sexually abused or neglected. Parents only report 12 percent of child abuse cases. Teachers, social workers, law enforcement, and other professionals report the majority and they have less of an opportunity to see and recognize the signs of abuse with children no longer in school.
Here's more information from the Press Release:
- The presenting sponsor for this year’s virtual event is Northwest Bank and the media sponsor is Buffalo Business First.
- The tournament co-chairs are Edward C. Gelia, Jr., CPCU, Executive Vice President, United Insurance Agency, Inc., and Kevin O’Leary, President, Parkview Health Services, LLC.
- Sponsorship opportunities are available starting at $250 for an individual participant and up to $1,500 for a birdie sponsor, $2,500 for an eagle sponsor.
- Raffle tickets are also available at $25 for a single ticket or three tickets for $50. Five winners will be chosen to win one of the following prizes: A weekend at a lakefront cottage in Angola, An Apple iPad, Golf for two at Crag Burn Golf Course with John Tebeau, CEO, Buffalo Business First A stay in Myrtle Beach and a wheelbarrow of liquor.
- For more information, please contact Lindsey Dotson at 716.842.0440, ext. 1595 or email@example.com.
Full information can be found following the link below: