Top 5 BET Awards Moments [VIDEO]
Last Night at the 2012 BET Awards many stars took the stage by storm, while some crashed, most killed it. Here's a list of the top 5 performances throughout the night.
5. MMG closed the show with Bag of Money, So Sophisticated, and Black Magic. To be honest I expected much more out of the Self Made Empire Consisting of Rick Ross, Meek Mill, French Montana and Wale.
4. Usher performed his newest single Climax, and too be honest I could not get past the leather pants. Other than that I am use to a much more dance filled, up-tempo show from him, so I found this a little slow. However he still had the crowd going crazy so it deserves to make the cut.
3. Chris Brown took the stage to perform Don’t Wake Me Up and Turn Up The Music. With half his body covered in paint, and not wearing a shirt, leave it to Chris Brown to deliver. With his slick dance moves and crazy graphics, this was very worthy of the number 3 spot. Only down side would be we have seen him perform Turn up the Music a few times now, but the song is a smash so it’s understandable.
2. Nicki Minaj came out a little slow with her performance of Champion off her newest album Roman Reloaded, but brought some heat as she finished with Beez in the Trap, AND brought out 2 Chainz. The 2 shut it down, and this by far was one of Nicki’s best live performances in a while.
1. Finally, the number 1 performance of the night goes to G.O.O.D Music, as they opened the awards with back to back performances of Mercy and Too Cold. Big Sean, 2 Chainz, Pusha T and Kanye West all showed up, with not only crazy visuals, but an insane A-Capella by Kanye to finish the performance. Watch Yeezy through that mic down and walk off, well deserved Kanye.
As far as winner’s I have to agree with every category except one. Somehow Miguel and Wale’s Lotus Flower Bomb took home the award for Best Collaboration? Other nominees included The Motto, I’m On One, Otis, Party, and even Marvin Gaye and Chardonnay was a better song.
Moving on, Beyonce beat out Rihanna for best female R&B artist while Chris Brown won best male R&B artist over Usher.
Best new artist went to Detroit native and G.O.O.D. Music artist Big Sean.
Young Money ruled the female and male best hip hop artist categories crowning Nicki Minaj and Drake Champions.
Not only did Kanye West and Jay-Z win the best group category, they also took home the award Video of the Year for their hit song Otis. Check out their acceptance speech below, including some friendly competition between Jay and Beyonce, plus something sounded familiar.
For those who didn't see the video, check it out here: