New proposal allows Western New York school districts to start their school year before September 1
New proposal allows Western New York school districts to start their school year before September 1. If passed, this is what would happen...
- End the 180 day school year requirement
- Start a minimum of 900 instructional hours for K-6
- Start a minimum of 990 instructional hours for 7-12
- Half days would count toward the retirement based on hours.
- Schools have flexibility to start before September
They Board of Regents is looking into this because they say it will help districts with their vacation schedules, professional development days and snow days. It will also count half days into their hourly requirements.
What do you think? The Board could take this up next in March 2018.