These Are The Happiest Cities In New York State
Lots of people always like to ask why you live here in New York, and there are a million amazing reasons to give.
Feel Good Mornings With Dave Fields Mon-Fri 6am-10am
From the people to the food, to the landscape there are plenty of reasons why people love living in the Empire State. In a new study, Credit Donkey found out the Top 10 Happiest Cities here in New York.
They used a ranking system using seven different categories and each town got a number in the category. These ranking of the Top 10 are based on the combined score of all seven categories. The categories are: Number of Restaurants, Crime rate, Commute time, Departure Time, Median Income, Divorce rate, and Average cost of Housing.
Based on the rankings here are the Top 10 Happiest Cities in New York State.
10. - Newburgh - With low divorce rates and the earliest start time of the Top 10 cities, Newburgh makes it at number 10.
9. - Ithaca - The biggest driving factor for Ithaca is the lack of drive time commute. Ithaca has to lowest average commute at just over 14 minutes.
8. - Binghamton - People who live in Binghamton get a big bang for their buck with a low cost of housing. Also, the city offers a short commute time and lots of places to eat.
7. - Ossining - People who live in Ossining should feel safe. The city has the lowest violent crime rate out of the Top 10 cities.
6. - White Plains - People who like money like living in White Plains. The average income of just over $72,000 is the highest median income level on the list.
5. - Albany - New York's capital city is home to late sleepers. The city had the lowest percentage of people who got up before 5 am for work. The good news is that there are lots of places to eat and the housing market is affordable.
4. - North Tonawanda - The low cost of housing, number 1 on the list, is a major factor why North Tonawanda landed this high on the list.
3. - Auburn - Even though Auburn landed number 3 on the list, they are second on the list of people who get up before 5 am for work and have the second shortest commute time.
2. - Rome - Low crime rates and affordable housing land Rome second on the list of the Happiest Cities in New York.
1. - Saratoga Springs - In at the top of the list and named the Happiest City in New York is Saratoga Springs. The city got high marks for low crime rates, a short commute, low cost of housing, and an above-average median income.